View from potting Shed, 9am
Same view , 10am
However, not all was lost as I managed to give the climbing and rambling roses against the walls their final prune and tidy up as well as the pillar rose in the bottom herbaceous bed. Then it was down to the bottom of the garden where the soon to arrive greenhouse is going to be situated. Matthew has done a brilliant job in laying the founds, which also entailed digging out a large tree stump (Thank you Matthew).
Foundations for greenhouse
After not inconsiderable effort and several nasty snow showers, I managed to remove the tree roots, nettles and ground elder. Once the ground dries out a bit, I'll dig it over again and remove what has been missed. The plan is for the staging to go on the south facing length of the greenhouse with a bed underneath, a central pathway then a raised bed on the other side, which will be filled with topsoil taken from molehills.