However, I did get a loan of the OH's car to get to work this morning - how many gardeners do you think drive to work in an XJ8 ????
Now the good news - I got another new toy for the garden - a lovely set of tripod ladders!!
These were put to use immediately and I have started to sort out all the trees and roses on the SF wall - and I have to say that these ladders make the job a whole heap easier and safer - I can now reach to top of the wall without having to overstretch or having to resort to walking precariously alonh the sloping wall top. - happy days indeed.
Other than this, I spent the morning clearing the long border. These are now are more or less cleared for winter, but there are still one or two plants hanging on in there. I cleaned up another four dahlia tubers, gifted by another garden I work at, and these have joined the others in the greenhouse.
Talking of greenhouses, Sally has removed all the green tomatoes and made chutney with them, so I also cleared out the tomato plants and canes so now I have more room to putsome overwintering plants.
I also helped Richard log and block another two laods of firewood from the trees that I felled when I started in the garden - and we have started on the trees that are in and around where the new veg patch is going.
Speaking of the new veg patch, Sally has come up with a rough draft of what she would like and it meets with my approval so it's full steam ahead - will fill you in with details as time goes on.