Anyway, here is a pic of the borders from the potting shed on Tuesday, not that there is a lot to see. On the brighter side though, you can't see any weeds !
As the camera has been playing silly buggers this last wee while, I will now show you the rasp bed - with newly planted canes as mentioned in last weeks update. The short canes are the Glen Mmoy and Glen Ample and the long canes are the Tullameen.
And the next couple of photos show some of the area that is to tackled this winter.
There is a large and very overgrown beech hedge, which will need extensive work to bring it back into order. Along the bottom side(the south facing side) of this hedge is a 3- 4ft high coteneaster hedge which might be brought back into line - or it may be removed entirely. This is not my decision to make but I should know on Tuesday next what it's fate is to be. There is also cotoneaster growing right up through the beech so it has to be removed before any real work can start on the beech itself.
I have made a start on the upper side of the beech hedge and have removed on large cotoneaster plant from the middle of the hedge already but it's a real slog - slowly slowly catchee monkey is the phrase for this hedge.
I also removed a lot of growth from a large viburnum up beside the "rose-bed" - it's a "nothing" tree with only one saving grace - it is supporting a very old and very large climbing rose - if it wasn't doing this I would have no hesitation in removing it completely ( this may happen yet though)
So that's it for what I did on Tuesday - not the most interesting of days from a gardening point of view but the work that will be done over the coming winter will really make a difference to the garden come Spring.
That's it for this week. See ya later...........